Long Live the Douro River and the Harvest
This program can start at the Humberto Delgado – Lisbon airport, at the Hotel where the visitor is staying (whether or not he is part of our network of partners) or at Algés com Sabores – Garrafeira e Gourmet, which is located in Algés, near Belém.
Your trip to the farm can also be made by helicopter, if you wish, although with different values.
The farm is a 19th century mansion, perfectly inserted in the stunning landscapes of the Douro World Heritage listed by UNESCO in 2001.
There are several experiences that wine and gastronomy lovers can enjoy on this farm.
To participate in the vintage, a unique and exclusive activity, it is necessary to stay overnight at the farm’s hotel.
However, visitors start their journey by strolling and observing the majestic landscapes of the Douro, in a very special vintage boat.
On this 1st day in the Douro, visitors can embark on a trip on board a vintage, unique boat, where they will be received and boarded at the quay of Pinhão.
They will benefit on board of a welcome drink and a tasting lunch Pipadouro, which will be served on a stern deck.
Afterwards, you will take a walk along the Douro River, in contemplation of its breathtaking landscapes, between Pinhão and Ferrão Pier, where you will disembark.
Afterwards they will go to the Quinta’s hotel where they will stay in an upper room with terrace.
Breakfast at the hotel.
On this day of the program we will also offer you a very special experience, the participation in a harvest day in the Douro.
This day of the program starts around 10h30, and it is at this moment that the participants in the harvest receive training and the appropriate material to cut the grapes bunches.
At the farm travelers can also enjoy a guided tour with tasting of the 1st wine in the winery. Afterwards they will take a guided tour of the Fernanda Ramos Amorim Wine Museum Center, culminating in a wine tasting: – classic wine tasting in the open air Patamar Kitchen.
After the tasting, visitors will go to Conceitus Winery Restaurant where they will be served a 3 moment tasting menu in harmony with the wines chosen by the estate’s penologist.
For wine lovers it is another way to experience a unique experience.
The program includes:
- Accompaniment by duly accredited staff on the boat and catering staff who provide meals on board;
- Accompaniment with a guided tour of the winery, tasting by a wine expert, guided tour of the museum and training;
- Adequate accompaniment for the participation of the visitors in the cutting of the grape bunches;
- Accompaniment by specialized staff in gastronomy and wine during the tasting meal at the farm restaurant;
- Accompaniment by specialized staff during the entire program;
- Transport provided with all safety and comfort conditions;
- All taxes included;
The program does not include:
- Dinner not included;
- Everything not included in the program;
- Personal expenses designated as extra.
- Booking subject to availability, the program only takes place during the grape cutting season, possibly between 5 and 20 September, but always depending on the weather conditions;
- Service that we can provide during the working days of the week, for groups of no less than 8 people depending on the harvesting season;
- Duration: 2 days;
- The departure from Lisbon must be made at 8am;
- Group size: minimum 8 people;
- The program takes place from Monday to Friday, with an organized booking can be made at weekends;
- Booking guarantee with full payment, with proof of payment up to 8 days before the program;
- Iva included at the legal rate in force;
- Supplements paid separately;
- Means of payment: Bank transfer;
- In case of exceeding the time allotted to the program, it will have an increased amount (variable);
- Due to the current situation of the country, the programs and prices may change.