The tradition continues in the Douro
This program can start at the Humberto Delgado – Lisbon airport, at the Hotel where the visitor is staying (whether or not he is part of our network of partners) or at Algés com Sabores – Garrafeira e Gourmet, which is located in Algés, near Belém.
Your trip to the Douro – Cambres can also be made by helicopter, if you wish, although with different values from those presented in this program.
The farm that the visitors will know is a secular property of the current family. The records regarding its wine production in this farm date back to 1615, in fact in the farm we can still see granite stonemasons with 2 m high, 30 cm wide and 20 cm thick – which were the shape that the Marquis of Pombal found to delimit the first demarcated wine region in the world.
The vineyards were remodeled and grew, and the family also started to produce Douro wines – DOC, since 1981. The most prestigious wines of this farm are quinta Maria Teresa and quinta da Ponte.
The estate also produces extra virgin olive oils of extreme quality, placing them in the premium and super-premium ranges.
Given the travel time, travellers will arrive at the farm for lunch, made from regional products (any food restriction or allergy must be communicated in due time).
Lunch can take place in the rustic room, in the dining room or on the terrace, depending on availability and the menu chosen.
After lunch visitors will have a guided tour of the farm with a commented tasting of 5 wines with gastronomic accompaniment.
Afterwards they will take the transport to the hotel where they can have dinner and overnight.
On the 2nd day in the morning the visitors, after breakfast at the hotel, will resume the trip back to Lisbon, to the places from where they left.
The program includes:
- Accompaniment by specialized wine, restaurant and hotel staff of Six Senses Douro Valley;
- Accompaniment by specialized staff throughout the program;
- Transport provided with all safety and comfort conditions;
- All taxes included;
The program does not include:
- Dinner at the hotel or other activities except the room;
- Return trip lunch;
- Anything not included in the program;
- Personal expenses designated as extra.
- Reservation subject to confirmation upon availability;
- Duration: 2 days;
- The departure from Lisbon must be made at 8am;
- Group size: minimum 2 people;
- Reservation guarantee with full payment, with proof of payment up to 8 days before the program;
- Iva included at the legal rate in force;
- Supplements paid separately;
- Means of payment: Bank transfer;
- In case the time allocated to the program is exceeded, it will have an increased amount (variable);
- Due to the current situation of the country, the programs and prices may change.