Sintra and the Vineyards of Colares
This program can start at the Humberto Delgado – Lisbon airport, at the Hotel where the visitor is staying (whether or not is part of our network of partners) or at Algés com Sabores – Garrafeira e Gourmet, which is located in Algés, near Belém.
The trip to the vineyard or to the centenary winery will be done by the sea, passing by Cabo da Roca (the most western point of Europe), Apples beach and Colares.
In this program you can enjoy two different situations:
A trip by the sea, with a meeting point on a beach in the Sintra line, followed by a walk to a Colares vineyard, located between the mountains and the ocean, with unique varieties of this region. The vines grow on sandy soils and the wine produced by these specific grape varieties belongs to a wine perimeter demarcated since 1908.
After knowing this specific reality, visitors will head to the winery where they will taste the wines produced by this winery founded in 1808.
The tasting may consist of:
- Tasting of 2 Colares wines: white and red, with gastronomic accompaniment of cheese and regional bread (The tasting may also include the tasting of a Colares wine from 1969, if this is the wish of the visitors without the value being included in the program);
- During the 1st half of September the visitor has the opportunity to participate in the production of the wine, if the weather conditions allow it;
- If the visitor so wishes, he can also bottle his own wine, by the following procedures: filling, placing the cork, capsule and labeling.
After the tasting the visitors will go to a restaurant in the area, of traditional Portuguese cuisine with wines from the region.
In the afternoon
Its program continues in an atmosphere of romanticism and mystery, TRW accompanies you to the village of Sintra for a guided tour to one of the most appreciated monuments by naturals and foreigners.
The program includes:
- Accompaniment in vineyard, wine cellar and tasting by a wine expert, and on the farm by a guide from the monument itself;
- Accompaniment by specialized staff throughout the program;
- Transport provided with all safety and comfort conditions;
- All taxes included,
The program does not include:
- Lunch or other meal;
- Anything not included in the program;
- Personal expenses designated as extra;
- Participation of travelers in the winemaking process;
- Bottling, corking and labeling of the participant’s own wine.
- Program that can be carried out at the weekend, by appointment;
- Duration: 1 day (8h);
- Booking subject to confirmation upon availability and according to weather conditions;
- Booking guarantee with full payment, with proof of payment up to 5 days before the program;
- Cancellation less than 5 days before the event requires payment in full of the contracted service. If this cancellation occurs 5 days before the event, 50% of the amount will be charged;
- Group size: minimum 2 people;
- Iva included at the legal rate in force;
- Supplements paid separately;
- Means of payment: Mastercard/Visa/Transfer;
- In case the time allocated to the program is exceeded, it will have an added value (variable);
- Due to the current situation of the country, the programs and prices may change.