Tasting in Alentejo: carved wine, gastronomy and brandy
This program can start at the Humberto Delgado – Lisbon airport, at the Hotel where the visitor is staying (whether or not he is part of our network of partners) or at Algés com Sabores – Garrafeira e Gourmet, which is located in Algés, near Belém.
The handcrafted wine has more than 2000 years of history, it persists since the Romans introduced the vineyards and winemaking processes, mainly in the South of Portugal.
The wine is made in clay amphoras and its old production techniques have remained unchanged for hundreds of generations.
A guided tour of the winery, where you will find the carvings that contain some of the wine produced.
Then we will taste 4 wines: DOC Alentejo wine made from wood. This tasting has the advantage of allowing the comparison between the 4 wines in tasting that are all that the producer produces: Red Carving; White Carving; Red Premium Carving and White Premium Carving.
The tasting is accompanied by gastronomic products from Alentejo: bread, cheese, sausages, jam, homemade honey and olive oil.
After the tasting the visitors go to the restaurant of traditional Alentejo cuisine with the accompaniment of carved wine or others from various regions of the country.
In the afternoon
The visitors go to a winery in Vidigueira, where they take a guided tour of the winery and distillery of wine brandy, culminating in a tasting of wine brandy produced by this winery, accompanied by a group of Alentejo singers of the winery, music that UNESCO considered immaterial heritage of humanity in 1984.
The program includes:
- Accompaniment in cellar and tasting by wine experts;
- Accompaniment by specialized staff throughout the program;
- Transport provided with all safety and comfort conditions;
- All taxes included;
The program does not include:
- Lunch or other meal;
- Anything not included in the program;
- Personal expenses designated as extra.
- Duration: 1 day (8h);
- Booking guarantee with full payment, with proof of payment up to 5 days before the program;
- Reservation subject to confirmation upon availability;
- Group size: Minimum 2 people;
- Iva included at the legal rate in force;
- Supplements paid separately;
- Means of payment: Bank transfer;
- In case of exceeding the time allocated to the program, it will have an increased amount (variable);
- Due to the current situation of the country, the programs and prices may change.