A Contemporary Winery in Vidigueira
This program can start at the Humberto Delgado – Lisbon airport, at the Hotel where the visitor is staying (whether or not he is part of our network of partners) or at Algés com Sabores – Garrafeira e Gourmet, which is located in Algés, near Belém.
Then the visitors will proceed to Vidigueira.
The cellar of contemporary architecture in Vidigueira, obeys a bio climatic construction, the reuse of energy, as well as natural light and the force of gravity in various operations within the cellar, ensure energy sustainability. As far as wine tourism is concerned, it also includes a regional kitchen restaurant and a tasting room.
The wines belong to the DOC Vidigueira region, the micro-climate and the schist soils of this region contribute to the production of wines with unique characteristics, full of freshness and minerality. The grape varieties are the traditional Portuguese ones with the exception of the only vineyard in Portugal by Chenin Blanc.
After the trip through the breathtaking landscapes of Alentejo, visitors are welcomed at the winery, where they will have a guided tour of the vineyards, the winery and the tasting room, where they will have the opportunity to taste 6 different wines produced by the winery.
Afterwards, visitors will have their lunch at the winery’s restaurant, where they will have contact with Alentejo’s traditional cuisine, dishes duly accompanied by the winery’s wines.
As there are unique conditions in this winery for visitors to “get their hands dirty” they integrate a workshop of Alentejo cuisine, which will last 5 hours and will be held in the afternoon.
Finally, they go to the hotel where they spend the night and where they can also taste once again the dishes of Alentejo cuisine in harmony with the wines produced by the owners of the hotel.
Breakfast at the hotel.
Travel to the hotel’s riding arena and horseback riding, if that is your wish, however, you have much more experience to do in the hotel’s farm space.
Afterwards, you will go to the local restaurant for lunch, continuing to taste the delicious Alentejo food and its wines.
After lunch, they go to another winery in Vidigueira in order to visit the winery, more specifically the distillery, a wine brandy tasting accompanied by the group of singing Alentejo, an intangible heritage of humanity.
Then they return to Lisbon, to the place from where they left.
The program includes:
- Accompaniment in cellar and tasting by wine expert, workshop by chef of kitchen and tasting of brandy by wine expert;
- Accompaniment by specialized staff throughout the program;
- Transport provided with all safety and comfort conditions;
- Accommodation in a hotel in Beja;
- All taxes included;
The program does not include:
- Meals: lunch and/or dinner;
- Anything not included in the program;
- Personal expenses designated as extra.
- Duration: 2 days;
- Group Size: Minimum 2 people and maximum 4 people;
- Means of Payment: Bank transfer;
- VAT included at the legal rate in force;
- Supplements paid separately.
- In case the time allocated to the program is exceeded, it will have an increased amount (variable);
- Due to the current situation of the country, the programs and prices may change.