Experiences at Herdade de Reguengos
The places of departure of visitors for this program of wine tourism, olive tourism and gastronomic experience in Reguengos, can be according to the interest of our client: Humberto Delgado-Lisbon Airport, hotel (whether you are a TRW partner or not).
The estate that visitors will visit is 750 years old, since its geographical delimitation took place in 1267 and consists of 1830 hectares among lakes, valleys and plains where vineyards and olive groves are located.
It was in 1973 that the current history of the estate was rewritten and a project was started to start wine production and a few years after olive oil production.
The estate has been renewed and today is dedicated to organic farming. The winemaking processes have also been improved in order to improve the quality of the wines produced there.
Upon arrival at the Alentejo estate, visitors have their first contact with it through a visit accompanied by an expert to the olive oil mill where the process of production of this excellent product of the estate is made known. After the visit the travellers taste 3 of the organic oils in a commented tasting and accompanied by a specialist.
After the commented tasting, the visitors have their meal-lunch at the Herdade da Herdade restaurant, where Chef Carlos Teixeira prepares Alentejo cuisine based on local or national products according to the time of year. The dishes that make up the meal are in accordance with the client’s wishes and can be duly accompanied by the wines from the estate or from other regions of the country.
After lunch the visitors also participate in a vertical tasting of wines from 4 different vintages including white and red wines. This activity begins with a visit to the winery to get to know the winemaking processes, then they make the tasting commented and accompanied by an expert that leads them to learn how to compare the wines from different vintages of different years and to know the characteristics that distinguish the older wines from the younger ones.
After enjoying these unique and unforgettable experiences, visitors return to the place they wish in the Lisbon area or bordering the city.
The program includes:
- Accompaniment in hotel and golf course by specialized staff;
- Accompaniment in farm, vineyard, cellar and tasting by wine expert;
- Accompaniment by specialized staff throughout the program;
- Transport provided with all safety and comfort conditions;
- All taxes included;
The program does not include:
- Lunches and dinner are not included;
- Other extra expenses;
- Anything not included in the program;
- Personal expenses designated as extra.
- Reservation subject to confirmation upon availability;
- Duration – 2 days;
- Group size – minimum 4 people;
- This program takes place from 2nd to 6th by appointment;
- At the weekend it can only be done for groups with a minimum of 20 people;
- Means of payment: Bank transfer;
- Booking guarantee with full payment, with proof of payment up to 5 days before the program;
- Iva included at the legal rate in force;
- Supplements paid separately;
- In case the time allocated to the program is exceeded, it will have an increased amount (variable);
- Due to the current situation of the country, the programs and prices may change.