Olive Oil DOP Ribatejo and Aguieira
This program can start at the Humberto Delgado – Lisbon airport, at the Hotel where the visitor is staying (whether or not he is part of our network of partners) or at Algés com Sabores – Garrafeira e Gourmet, which is located in Algés, near Belém.
This olive tourism program is provided by a house whose origin dates back to the descent of King Afonso Henriques, the first king of Portugal.
The property is located in Abrantes, Ribatejo and it is an olive oil that dates back to the 17th century, as the mill has testimonies that portray this situation.
The olive oils are the result of 3 different terroirs with clay, limestone and schist soils to the north.
This olive oil from Ribatejo, comes essentially from the varieties of Galician olives, picual, cobrançosa and arbequina and their liquid fats extracted by mechanical processes.
In this program we include in the morning, the close contact with the olive grove, a visit to the centenary press, the chapel, the Palace gardens, the olive oil cellar and the tasting room, with the presentation and tasting of 3 olive oils: DOP Ribatejo, Tributo and Premium.
After the olive oil tasting, the visitors will go to the local restaurant for lunch, where they will be served the olive oil they have already tasted in the Portuguese gastronomy and wines of the region and the rest of the country.
In the afternoon
The visitors take a walk through the city of Abrantes, visiting its Castle, one of the most important monuments in the city.
Visitors go to the nearby hotel, with 1-bedroom Apartments, located by the Aguieira dam lake.
Dinner, if you wish, will be at the hotel where you will find Portuguese cuisine and wines from various regions of the country.
The next day
Morning – breakfast at the hotel
Then and according to their interests visitors can do various outdoor activities, among which we choose the boat tour (depending on the weather conditions).
Before the return, they visit the Aguieira dam and then go to the place from where they left the day before.
The program includes:
- Accompaniment in olive grove, olive oil cellar and tasting by olive oil specialist and in the hotel with access to accommodation and boat tour;
- Accompaniment by specialized staff throughout the program;
- Transport provided with all safety and comfort conditions;
- All taxes included,
The program does not include:
- Lunch or another meal;
- Anything not included in the program;
- Personal expenses designated as extra.
- Duration: 2 days;
- Lunch and dinner not included;
- Program takes place from Monday to Friday;
- Booking guarantee with full payment, with proof of payment up to 5 days before the program;
- Reservation subject to confirmation upon availability;
- Group size: Minimum 2 people;
- Iva included at the legal rate in force;
- Supplements paid separately;
- Means of payment: Bank transfer;
- In case of exceeding the time allocated to the program, it will have an increased amount (variable);
- Due to the current situation of the country, the programs and prices may change.