The Wine of Odelouca
This program can start at the Humberto Delgado – Lisbon airport, at the Hotel where the visitor is staying (whether or not he is part of our network of partners) or at Algés com Sabores – Garrafeira e Gourmet, which is located in Algés, near Belém.
In this program the transportation will be assured by land, however, we have the possibility to do it by aircraft as well.
The visit is to a farm located in the Silves valleys, on the way to the Monchique mountains, south of Portugal- Algarve.
The Algarve is a region of Portugal that is not only beach and sunny, it is a great terroir for the vineyards. The vines grow in clay, limestone, stoneware soils and even in shale areas, producing high quality grapes.
In the middle of the 20th century, the Algarve, for cyclical reasons, practically abandoned the production of wine, because the benefits of wine could not compete with another industry – that of beach tourism so sought after at the time. The rocky beach in Portimão is one of those close to the French quinta.
However, in the 80’s, the situation changed and the Algarve gained the status of a demarcated region for Lagos, Portimão, Lagoa and Tavira.
The visit to Quinta do Francês, consists of a presentation of the history of the farm, a visit to the winery with an explanation of the winemaking process, and a visit to the winery’s ageing area, i.e. the cellar with its oak barrels.
The visit culminates with the tasting of 4 wines produced by the estate: white, rosé and red and also a wine of superior quality red or white depending on availability at the time of tasting.
The gastronomic accompaniment is composed of regional products: cheese, sausages and bread.
Lunch in a restaurant near the area, with breathtaking scenery over the Algarve hills, with traditional Portuguese cuisine and wines from the region and the whole country.
In the afternoon
Visit to the village of Monchique characterized by its hot springs – Caldas de Monchique, which were once frequented by the Romans in ancient times.
It is a village situated between two hills – Serra da Fóia and Picota, with a very peculiar natural beauty.
One of the products also of great relevance of the municipality and that gives continuity to its traditions is the existence of the “medronho” (strawberry tree) and consequently the craft production of “aguardente de medronho” (brandy).
The program includes:
- Accompaniment in vineyard, cellar and tasting by wine expert;
- Accompaniment by specialized staff throughout the program;
- Transport provided with all safety and comfort conditions;
- All taxes included;
The program does not include:
- Lunch or other meal
- Anything not included in the program;
- Personal expenses designated as extra.
- Duration: 1 day (9h);
- Group size: minimum 2 people;
- Program takes place from Monday to Friday;
- Booking guarantee with full payment, with proof of payment up to 5 days before the program;
- Iva included at the legal rate in force;
- Supplements paid separately;
- Means of payment: Bank transfer;
- In case the time allocated to the program is exceeded, it will have an increased amount (variable);
- Due to the current situation of the country, the programs and prices may change.