For centuries, wine has been considered the ideal drink to accompany a meal. With the evolution of the culture, there is a great diversity of wine available today.
When we think about marrying a certain delicacy to a wine, there are some factors to take into account that will influence the choice:
– The wine itself and its particularities and characteristics;
– The delicacy itself and the composition of the recipe and its ingredients (meat or fish, cooking method, condiments, garnish, among others);
– Tradition and customs associated with the gastronomy and wine growing in the region;
– Personal taste and budget available;
– The limitation of choice to which we may be exposed;
– The cultural and social factor – what is or is not in fashion, what gives status;
– The temperature of the wine and dish.
The fun part of this art of harmonizing food and wine is precisely the possibility of infinite new combinations and experiments that can bring new pleasures to the flavour.