Belmonte of the Jews and the wine of Beira Interior
This program can start at the Humberto Delgado – Lisbon airport, at the Hotel where the visitor is staying (whether or not he is part of our network of partners) or at Algés com Sabores – Garrafeira e Gourmet, which is located in Algés, near Belém.
On the 1st day of your trip:
The traveler takes a guided tour to the winery of Quinta dos Termos, located in the area, in Belmonte, with its back facing the Serra da Estrela. The farm has a micro-climate, where the traditional castes of the interior coast are cultivated, such as Rufete, Marufo and Fonte Cal among others.
The certified cellar in integrated production, endowed with sophisticated technology, follows the traditional techniques, guided by an enologist very respected in the world of wines.
Finally, visitors have the possibility of visiting the winery and tasting 7 wines selected by the farm and also a gastronomic accompaniment composed of regional products: bread, mountain cheese, ham and sausages.
After the tasting, the visitor will go to Belmonte, a town with a lot of history and many cultures. This village has welcomed the Jewish community that has lasted for centuries until today. In the city among the several museums and monuments to visit we find the Jewish Museum and the Museum of the Discoveries – related to the birth in this village of the discoverer Pedro Álvares Cabral who discovered Brazil.
Then the visitors go to the restaurant, where they have lunch in a restaurant in the city with cheese from the Serra da Estrela, regional cuisine, wines from the region and others from other regions of the country.
In the afternoon
The visitor can do a reconnaissance on foot or by car of the Travel Round Wine, as desired to the city, which has many points of cultural interest that may come to know as, for example, the museum of the olive oil of Belmonte.
At the end of the day, they go to the Inn where they take, if they understand it, the dinner in a restaurant that confects meals of traditional kitchen or other.
Then they go to their accommodations where they will spend the night.
On the 2nd day of the trip:
In the morning – breakfast at the Inn
Then they move on to Belmonte, a village where since ancient times it has as its main calling card – the Jewish Museum.
Lunch at a restaurant in the village where traditional Portuguese cuisine, wines from the region and other regions of the country are practiced.
In the afternoon
After another visit to the town, the visitors return to Lisbon, the place from where they left.
The program includes:
- Accompaniment in vineyards, wine cellars and tasting by wine expert and guide in the museums to visit in the village of Belmonte;
- Accompaniment by specialized staff throughout the program;
- Transportation provided with all safety and comfort conditions;
- Accommodation in an old convent recovered from the town of Belmonte;
- Expenses with all the cultural places of the cities (some of the establishments close on Monday);
- All taxes included;
The program does not include:
- Meals: lunch and/or dinner;
- Everything that is not included in the program;
Personal expenses designated as extra.
- Duration: 2 days;
- Group Size: Minimum 2 people;
- Means of Payment: Bank transfer;
- VAT included at the legal rate in force;
- Supplements paid separately;
- In case the time allocated to the program is exceeded, it will have an added value (variable);
- Due to the current situation of the country, the programs and prices may change.