Walk in Bucelas Vineyards
This program can start at the Humberto Delgado – Lisbon airport, at the Hotel where the visitor is staying (whether or not is part of our network of partners) or at Algés com Sabores – Garrafeira e Gourmet, which is located in Algés, near Belém.
The visit to the farm that is located in the slopes of Bucelas, inserted in the small Demarcated region of Bucelas and 25 km away from Lisbon. The farm practices a sustainable viticulture, which translates into superior quality grapes and a wine with unique dry white characteristics. It was the wine of the discoveries, of the therapy of kings and the British royal court.
In Shakespeare’s time, Bucelas became popular at the English court, called “Charneco“, the name given to the Bucelas region and mentioned by Shakespeare in the 2nd part of the play Henry VI, published in 1594.
The visit consists of a walk through the vineyard, with an explanation of the existence of the “queen” variety of this zone – Arinto, which was cultivated and developed by the Romans over 2000 years ago. It also includes a visit to the winery and a tasting of 3 wines, accompanied by regional products: cheese, ham and bread.
Then the visitors take a walk through the vineyards, because the name of the farm is the most sacred aromatic plant in the Jewish-Christian culture. Who knows?
Lunch in a local restaurant with traditional Portuguese cuisine and wines from all over the country
In the afternoon
Visitors get in touch with the interpretation center of the historical route of the lines of Torres, located in the center of the town of Bucelas, where they can have historical information about the French invasions and in an interactive way visitors can create their itinerary. Following this initiative visitors can take part in a guided tour of the Arpim Fort.
The program includes:
- Accompaniment by wine expert throughout the program;
- Accompaniment by specialized personnel throughout the program;
- Transport provided with all safety and comfort conditions;
- All taxes included;
The program does not include:
- Everything that is not included in the program;
- Personal expenses designated as extra.
- Duration: 1 day (8h);
- Lunch not included;
- Program takes place from Monday to Friday;
- Group Size: Minimum 2 people;
- Means of Payment: Bank transfer;
- Booking guarantee by appointment with payment in full, with proof of payment up to 5 days before the program;
- VAT included at the legal rate in force;
- Supplements paid separately;
- In case the time allocated to the program is exceeded, it will have an added value (variable);
- Due to the current situation of the country, the programs and prices may change.