The oil that distinguishes itself in Bragança
This program can start at the Humberto Delgado – Lisbon airport, at the Hotel where the visitor is staying (whether or not he is part of our network of partners) or at Algés com Sabores – Garrafeira e Gourmet, which is located in Algés, near Belém.
Program only available from December 14th to 19th.
The trip to Bragança is made by transport from Travel Round Wine.
This Olivotourism program is a maximum expression of what we can consider olive tourism.
Trás-os-Montes is the 2nd olive-growing region in the country, here the olive grove is mostly traditional conducted in dry land and low production intensification.
The varieties of olives are several, the most widespread is the cobrançosa, the verdeal, transmontana, madural and cordovil that is the most representative in this region of Bragança.
In Vimioso, locality where our partner’s olive grove is located, its olive grove is mostly constituted by the santulhana variety.
It is a world to discover, because there are many centenary olive trees with different varieties that are not known yet.
This olive tourism program provides the visitor with a unique and authentic experience through direct contact with the entire production process of this high quality olive oil.
In order for visitors to experience this experience in an authentic way, we consider that they should participate in all the tasks inherent to the olive oil production process.
After travelling to the olive grove, the visitors can proceed with the olive sweeping, then the harvesting of the olive, accompanying its transport to the mill.
This meal takes place in the olive grove, with dishes of Portuguese cuisine made or seasoned with the olive oil produced by this olive grower.
In the afternoon the travelers go to the olive oil mill where they observe and participate in the production of the olive oil.
At the end of the day, dinner will take place in the area of the mill with dishes made or seasoned with the olive oil produced by them.
Finally, they return to the rural tourism hotel, where they stay.
The program includes:
- Accompaniment in olive grove, olive oil cellar and tasting by olive oil specialist and in the hotel with access to accommodation and boat tour;
- Lunch included;
- Accompaniment by specialized staff throughout the program;
- Transport provided with all safety and comfort conditions;
- All taxes included;
The program does not include:
- Anything not included in the program;
- Personal expenses designated as extra.
- Duration: 1 day and 1 night;
- Program takes place from Monday to Saturday;
- Booking guarantee with full payment, with proof of payment up to 5 days before the program;
- Group size: Minimum 2 people;
- Iva included at the legal rate in force;
- Supplements paid separately;
- Means of payment: Bank transfer;
- In case of exceeding the time allocated to the program, it will have an increased amount (variable);
- Due to the current situation of the country, the programs and prices may change.