Oenogastronomic Experience with Villa Oeiras
This program can start at the Humberto Delgado Airport – Lisbon, at the Hotel where the visitor is staying (whether or not it is part of our partner network) or at Algés which is located near Belém.
Then the visitors will proceed to Oeiras.
The quinta that visitors will get to know is only 10 minutes away from Lisbon.
It is a XVIII century farm, consisting of several points of interest for the visitor, however, for the moment, we will restrict our wine and food program, to the reasons of the farm directly related to the production and tasting of the Carcavelos Villa Oeiras still and fortified wines, which are integrated in one of the smallest demarcated regions of Portugal, the demarcated region of Carcavelos.
It is therefore a wine with very specific characteristics, both the tranquil white and the fortified which are found in a region characterized by having a very specific terroir, with clay-limestone soils and a Mediterranean climate with strong oceanic influence (the farm is a few kilometers from the sea).
The first step of this program, always with a guided tour, is the contact with the vineyards, in this tour to the vineyards, the visitor gets to know the terroir, the grape varieties produced in the vineyard and that are used in the production of the Carcavelos Villa Oeiras wine. We then visit the winery, followed by a walk along a path with a magnificent view of the sea and the vineyards.
During the harvest season it is also possible for visitors to participate in the grape harvest, adding another enriching experience of manual cutting and party atmosphere to the program we are presenting at this time.
In the regular program, we end our tour with a visit to the secular winery that looks like a palace, adorned with busts of Roman emperors. This cellar houses the barrels that have Villa Oeiras in aging and it is also in this place that the traveler enjoys the tasting of 4 Villa Oeiras premium wines in harmonization with high quality national and local products: cheeses, pâtés, and local sweets.
The Carcavelos Villa Oeiras wine, is a rare, traditional wine, which was almost in danger of extinction, and thanks to the intervention of the Oeiras Town Hall, has become one of the most prestigious wines in Portugal and abroad.
Its reputation is attested in royal documents since the 14th century, when it was also known as the wine of Oeiras.
After tasting the harmonization of the premium wines in tasting with the gastronomic accompaniments already mentioned, also of high quality, the visitors return to Lisbon to the places from where they left or another within the city of Lisbon.
Include the photographs
The program includes:
- Accompaniment in the vineyard, wine cellar, secular cellar and tasting of 4 wines in harmonization with cheeses, pâtés and regional sweets is done by a wine specialist or a guide specialized in these themes;
- Accompaniment by specialized personnel during the entire program;
- Transport provided with all safety and comfort conditions;
- All taxes included;
The program does not include:
- Anything not included in the program;
- Expenses of a personal nature designated as extra.
- Duration: 1/2 day (4h);
- The program involves departure from Lisbon at 8:30 am;
- Group Size: Minimum 2 people, although it can be tailored to your needs;
- The program runs from Monday to Saturday, with the possibility of being held when the visitor wishes, although it is convenient to make a pre-reservation at least 5 days in advance;
- Means of Payment: Bank Transfer;
- Booking Guarantee with prior reservation with payment in full, with proof of payment up to 5 days before the program;
- VAT included at the legal rate in effect;
- Supplements paid separately;
- If the time allotted to the program is exceeded, it will have a (variable) value added to it;
- Due to the current situation in the country, programs and prices may change.